The Business Improvement Grant (BIG) program is established by the City Council and implemented by the Businesses of Thornton Advisory Commission, City Manager, and staff. The Economic Development Office administers the BIG program and, once approved, the Planning, Development Engineering, and Building Divisions work with awardees to coordinate permits, inspections, and project requirements.
- Applications will be accepted January 2021 – through the deadline of July 31, 2021.
- Due to limited funds this year, project must be started within 4 months of grant approval. If the project is not started funds will be released to the next business on the waitlist.
- Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once the funding is gone, there are no additional funds – don’t wait until the deadline to apply!
- You must receive grant approval prior to starting project or purchasing equipment!
- All qualified applications will be considered and scored according to the Program Scoring Rubric.
- You must submit an informative summary describing how your project meets and supports the criteria and priorities listed on the Program Scoring Rubric.
- Property managers and landlords are excluded from utilizing the grant to fix Building Maintenance Code violations. (Owner-occupied building owners are still eligible to use the BIG Grant.)
- Maximum award amount is $20,000.
- Starting in 2019, the waiting period for reapplication for the BIG grant is 5 years. (Grant recipients who received a grant prior to 2019 will still be eligible to re-apply under the 3-year waiting period through 2021.)
100.65kB (will open in a new window)
All information in the following application must be submitted or your application will be considered incomplete and may be discarded.