Thornton COVID 19 – Recovery Grant administered by the City of Thornton City Manager’s office, is available to help small businesses in our community. This program is meant to provide financial support for businesses that have been impacted by COVID, and is available for a wide variety of eligible expenses, including capital programs, equipment, and one-time payroll expenses to help with hiring and retention.
- Be a commercial licensed business in Thornton.
- Have fewer than 3 locations in total.
- Have fewer than 125 employees among all locations.
- Provide up-to-date filings (business license, taxes, etc).
- Not presently suspended, debarred, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, voluntarily excluded from participation in this transaction by any federal agency, state agency, or any government entity.
- Not fall within any of the following categories: marijuana-related businesses, businesses that practice financial lending, multi-level marketing businesses, speculation-based businesses (gambling included), or businesses primarily engaged in political or lobbying activities.
- Be capable of administering grant funds in compliance with city funding guidelines by providing updates when requested and a final report.
- Be able to agree to the terms of, and sign off on, the City’s “Grant Agreement Template”.
Eligible projects must be:
- One-time capital projects (ongoing expenses such as staff salaries, regular supplies, fuel, insurance, etc. are not eligible)
- Requesting less than $30,000
Application deadline is Friday, April 7, 2023.
For assistance, please first read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Submit an Online Application Now
If you prefer to download a printable PDF of the application, information and requirements, or FAQs, click the links below.
Download 2023 Recovery Grant - Application
201.05kB (will open in a new window)
Download 2023 Recovery Grant - FAQs
214.11kB (will open in a new window)
Download 2023 Recovery Grant - Scoring Matrix
109.81kB (will open in a new window)
Download 2023 Recovery Grant - Agreement Template
83.69kB (will open in a new window)