Most seniors value nothing more than the time you spend with them and Thornton offers some creative and fun ways to have a great day with someone you care about. From golf and shopping to picnics at the park, here are 10 ways to enjoy all that Thornton has to offer no matter your interest!
1. Head to a matinee at Cinebarre Thornton Town Center 9. With multiple movies to choose from throughout the day, seven days a week, you’ll be able to find something that fits your taste. www.regmovies.com
2. Play a round of golf at Thorncreek Golf Course. This newly remodeled golf course boasts 9 or 18 holes and offers golf cart rentals and senior discounts for residents and non-residents.
3. Relax in TANK’d Float Boutique. Enjoy the quiet of a sensory deprivation environment to unplug from your daily routine or just enter a state of deep relaxation. 303-955-5279
4. Go bowling at AMF Sonesta Lanes. Beyond just bowling, this facility offers food, billiards and pool, outdoor seating and an arcade. It’s wheelchair accessible and 36 lanes means you probably won’t have to wait. www.amf.com
5. Get a relaxing rub down at Massage Envy. Enjoy a relaxing facial or personalize your massage with your choice of six serum-infused lotions. www.massageenvy.com
6. Grab some lunch. Bite into a steak at Texas Roadhouse, enjoy traditional American food at Cheddar’s, fill up on endless soup, salad and pasta at Olive Garden or get more adventurous at Thai Basil.
7. Have a picnic in the park. Pack up some cheese, crusty bread, grapes and chocolate and head to one of Thornton’s many parks! www.cityofthornton.net
8. Get a manicure or pedicure. There are several nail salons around Thornton that can give you the royal treatment!
9. Tour the public art. Thornton has a great collection of public art! Check out the map to get an idea of where to go. www.cityofthornton.net/arts
10. Go shopping! Check out this list of Thornton shopping centers! https://businessinthornton.com/local-business/support-programs/shop-thornton-first/thornton-shopping-centers/