First thing to know is, there are no stupid questions when it comes to shopping in Thornton! We want you to be an informed citizen or visitor and we’re here to answer your questions. Here are some we get asked often:
1. How does shopping locally help me and my community? We love this question!
- Shopping locally keeps money in our economy. Local businesses tend to reinvest a large amount of their revenue back into the local economy. It also creates local jobs, as local businesses create employment and self-employment opportunities.
- The money you spend helps fund city services. Sales tax revenue funds vital services such as: police and fire protection, street repairs and parks and recreation.
- That money also helps nonprofits because local businesses strongly support good works in our neighborhoods through donations and contributions.
- Staying local helps the environment too. Shopping close to home reduces sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss, and air and water pollution.
- Your dollars help Invest in entrepreneurship by ensuring a strong community and serves as a key means for families to move out of low-wage jobs and into the middle class.
- When you shop locally, you make Thornton a destination. The more interesting and unique we are as a community, the more we attract tourists, shoppers and others who want to shop, stay and eat in Thornton.
- Shopping in Thornton also provides a happier shopping experience. You get better treatment from your neighbors!
- Spending money in our community promotes competition and diversity. Competition and diversity lead to more choices and better prices for you.
2. Where can I find a list of shopping centers in Thornton?
Check out this list:
3. Do you have a calendar of local shopping events?
We sure do! We’re constantly adding to it:
4. Where can I find a list of restaurants in Thornton?
Check our our latest Thornton Restaurant Guide, complete with taverns, pubs, coffee shops and sweet shops, all listed by the type of food they serve!
Have a question that’s not answered here? Contact us and we’ll get you an answer!