THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR ALL GRANTS HAS NOW CLOSED.
THIS GRANT IS FOR LARGE/NATIONAL CORPORATIONS AND CHAINS WITH LOCATIONS IN THORNTON.
Thornton Regional Retail and Entertainment Grants, administered by the Thornton Economic Development Office, are available to help fund THORNTON LICENSED BUSINESSES WITH COMMERCIAL LOCATIONS affected by COVID-19.
Applicants must be (minimum eligibility requirements):
- A commercial licensed business in Thornton.
- Must be a retail or entertainment business model, drawing customers from large national, state or metro-wide geographic boundary.
- Located in non-residential zoning designations and not on public property.
- Business must have applied for their Thornton commercial business license on or before March 15, 2020.
- Business must have been in good standing with the City of Thornton Sales and Use Tax and Utility Billing (as of December 2019). (If business is not current with their 2020 taxes or utility billing, they must enter into a payment plan with the City.)
- Must have 25% revenue loss or more to your business revenue from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you have already received funding from our city grant programs, the maximum total you can receive in total from all City grants combined cannot exceed $20,000.
Applicants are responsible for:
- Submitting a completed application and requested documentation.
- Providing invoices and receipts for all qualifying expenditures prior to receiving grant funding. This is a reimbursement grant.
- Providing a signed W-9 Form (www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf).
- Approved applicants will be required to submit a follow-up summary within 90 days of receiving funds. Businesses who do not submit the follow-up report, will be automatically disqualified from receiving future grant funding from the Economic Development Office. (Follow up summary should include proof of expenditures (paid receipts or documentation), explanation of how funds were spent, and benefit it brought to the business.)
Application submittal process:
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis through November 6,2020 or until funding has been exhausted.
- All qualified applications will be considered for approval according to the Program Scoring Rubric (applications that do not meet the minimum requirements per the scoring rubric will be denied).
- Applications can be submitted online at businessinthornton.com/submit-emergency-grant-application-online/, emailed to [email protected] click to email or mailed to City of Thornton Economic Development Office, City Hall, 9500 Civic Center Drive, Thornton, CO 80229.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Economic Development Office every Friday. Cut off time for Friday reviews are Thursdays at 12:00 Noon.
- The Economic Development Office will notify the applicant of grant approval. If approved, notification of award amount and regulatory requirements will also be provided.
Maximum award amounts:
- Emergency Business Grant funding for the COVID-19 crisis allows for a maximum of $20,000.
- Not all businesses will receive the full $20,000, but rather a portion up to $20,000.
- If a business is denied funding, they may reapply after 30 days (if funding is still available).
- If you have received funding from another City of Thornton Emergency Grant, the sum of your grant amounts cannot total more than $20,000.
- Allowable expenditures include costs related to reopening or adaptation of the business following the COVID-19 Pandemic to allow for operation under new mandatory guidelines, such as Personal Protective Equipment, specialized cleaning services, site modifications, marketing and signage to announce reopening, and other related expenses necessary for the immediate operation of the business (not payroll or inventory). Allowable expenditures may also include rent/mortgage.
- Grant funds cannot be used to pay taxes, City of Thornton utility bills or other debt owed to the City.
- Grant funding must be used for operation of the store located in the Thornton, Colorado boundaries only.
- Allowable expenses will be considered for COVID related expenditures incurred after March 15, 2020.
- Upon review, should a business be denied a grant, they may reapply after 30 days (if funding is still available).
- If a business owns more than one location in Thornton, they may apply for one grant per business location.
Be sure to review ALL downloadable information prior to submitting your application.
192.64kB (will open in a new window)