APPLY NOW – DUE NOV 6th! We have limited funding for COVID grants, so PLEASE submit your applications right away.
The City of Thornton Economic Development Office is here to support your business through this unprecedented and difficult time. The nation’s situation and response is changing by the hour and we are doing our best to stay on top of the information and resources available to you.
DEADLINE FOR THORNTON APPLICATIONS IS NOW NOV 6th
- Thornton CARES Home-Based Business Grant (NEW!) The new CARES grant for home-based businesses is now accepting applications. Home-based businesses who can show impact on business due to COVID-19 and can show at least 1% positive profit prior to COVID. Maximum grant up to $5,000. Click here for more info and to apply today.
- Fondo de Ayuda para Negocios en Casa Thornton CARES (COVID-19) – La nueva subvención CARES para negocios en casa ahora está aceptando solicitudes. Negocios en casa que pueden mostrar un impacto en el negocio debido a COVID-19 y pueden mostrar al menos un 1% de ganancias positivas antes de COVID. Subvención máxima de hasta $ 5,000. Haga clic aquí para más información y para solicitar el subsidio.
- Thornton CARES Business Grant – Thornton commercial businesses with 500 employees or less with 25% revenue loss or more as a result of COVID-19 (Excludes nonprofits, home-based businesses, religious institutions, residential living facilities). Maximum grant of $20,000. NOTE: if you already received other grant funding from our office or were previously denied, you may still qualify for the CARES grant. Click here for more info and to apply today.
- Subsidio para Negocios Thornton CARES (COVID-19) – Negocios comerciales de Thornton con 500 empleados o menos con una pérdida de ingresos del 25% o más debido a la crisis del COVID-19 (Excluye organizaciones sin fines de lucro, negocios en el hogar, instituciones religiosas, centros residenciales). El máximo monto otorgado es de $20,000 (no todas las solicitudes pueden ser aprobadas). NOTA: si ya recibió otros fondos de subvención de nuestra oficina o se le denegó previamente, aún puede calificar para el subsidio CARES. Haga clic aquí para más información y para solicitar el subsidio.
- Grant for LARGE/NATIONAL CORPORATIONS – City of Thornton Regional Retail & Entertainment Emergency Business Grants Now Available!!
- Currently operating Thornton businesses and nonprofits can apply for the new Thornton CARES (COVID-19) ‘Keeping Thornton Safe’ Grant to help offset the cost of providing necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) and other safety-related supplies during the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds are in addition to any other COVID-19 grant funding received from the city of Thornton. The maximum grant is $5,000. Click here for more information and to apply today.
- Actualmente negocios y organizaciones sin fines de lucro que estén operando pueden solicitar el nuevo Subsidio de Thornton CARES (COVID19), ‘Manteniendo a Thornton Seguro’ para compensar el costo necesario para proveer equipo de protección personal (PPE) y otros artículos de seguridad relacionados con la pandemia del COVID19. Estos fondos son adicionales a cualquier otro subsidio de fondos recibido por parte de la Ciudad de Thornton. El monto máximo otorgado del subsidio es de $5,000. Haga clic aquí para más información y para aplicar.
- There is a new Grant/Loan program you can apply for now: Energize CO Gap Fund for sole proprietors, businesses and nonprofits with less than 25 full-time employees. You can apply for up to a $15,000 grant and a $20,000 loan for a possible combined total of $35,000 in financial assistance. Preference will be given to small businesses majority-owned by minority, women or veterans and or located in a rural area, and that have not been successful in pursuing and/or receiving funds from other federal, state and local assistance programs such as the Paycheck Protection Program. Apply here: https://energizecolorado.com/gap-fund/
- The Adams County Community & Economic Development Department has established the Small Business Stabilization Program (SBSP) to provide local businesses with grants to retain jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic. For unincorporated Adams County Businesses https://www.adcogov.org/small-business-stabilization-program
- Landlord – Your property owner is facing this unknown time with you and many are offering deferrals and abatement options. Let them know what you need to recover from the financial crisis you are facing.
- Bank – Nationwide, banks are offering deferrals of interest, mortgages and fees to help the small business community. Contact your lender to find out what options are available to you.
- Workers Comp & Other Insurance – some companies are working with policy holders to defer payments at this time.
- United Power/Xcel Energy/City of Thornton Utilities – They don’t want you to be concerned about losing vital utilities. The utility providers are committed to work with individual customers on payment plans.
- City of Thornton Economic Development – We are committed to helping your recovery efforts with all tools we can access. Our staff can be reached at [email protected] Some of the ways we can help you:
- FREE “We’re Open” banners
- FREE window clings with messaging requesting face masks to be worn
- Follow us @OEDThornton on Facebook and Instagram for information. We’re also happy to share your posts here – FREE Marketing!
- Emergency Business Grants
- FREE services through our partners at MiCasa Resource Center, Small Business Development Center, and more.
- NOW OPEN! – The ALLIANCE Businesses Assistance Center of Thornton
- “Safer at Home” Order – Fast Facts
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance programs
- SBA Disaster Assistance – Choosing the Right Loan for Your Business
- Connecting Colorado Workforce Information
- Changes to Paycheck Protection Program
- North Metro Small Business Development Center
- Economic Development Facebook page for marketing support
- Economic Development Facebook groups for business support: Alianza de Negocios and BTAC
- Sign up for Thornton Economic Development emails and updates
508.40kB (will open in a new window)