The City of Thornton Economic Development Office is here to support your business through this unprecedented and difficult time. The nation’s situation and response is changing by the hour and we are doing our best to stay on top of the information and resources available to you.
- Tri-County Nov 2020 Webinars for Businesses
- “Safer at Home” Order – Fast Facts
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance programs
- SBA Disaster Assistance – Choosing the Right Loan for Your Business
- Connecting Colorado Workforce Information
- Changes to Paycheck Protection Program
- North Metro Small Business Development Center
- Economic Development Facebook page for marketing support
- Economic Development Facebook groups for business support: Alianza de Negocios and BTAC
- Sign up for Thornton Economic Development emails and updates
508.40kB (will open in a new window)
General Tips & Information:
- Your Landlord – Your property owner is facing this unknown time with you and many are offering deferrals and abatement options. Let them know what you need to recover from the financial crisis you are facing.
- Your Bank – Nationwide, banks are offering deferrals of interest, mortgages and fees to help the small business community. Contact your bank and/or lender to find out what options are available to you.
- Workers Comp & Other Insurance – some companies are working with policy holders to defer payments at this time.
- United Power/Xcel Energy/City of Thornton Utilities – They don’t want you to be concerned about losing vital utilities. The utility providers are committed to work with individual customers on payment plans.
- City of Thornton has a Community Information Page on its website.
- City of Thornton – Cooperative Purchasing and contracting process.
- Thornton 2020 Restaurant Guide – many of Thornton’s local eateries and drinkeries are offering discounts, delivery, drive-thru, and carry-out options.
- Gift Cards – Are you interested in selling your products, services, or gift cards online to supplement your current business income? Contact Adam Bundy at Blue Ink Design at blueinkdesign.com for more details.
Small Business Resources:
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Small business guidance and loan resources.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Videos – Find information such as Managing a Business, Financing, and Marketing.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Express Bridge Loans – This pilot program allows SBA Express Lenders authority to deliver expedited SBA-guaranteed financing on an emergency basis for disaster-related purposes to eligible small businesses, while the small businesses apply for and await long-term financing.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance – Federal disaster loans for businesses, private non-profits, homeowners, and renters.
- CDC | Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary – Updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tracking the situation in the U.S. and the latest recommendations.
- World Health Organization | Coronavirus – News and Q&As from around the world.
- Colorado Department of Public Health | Coronavirus in Colorado – An updated tracker of test results in Colorado and additional resources.
164.65kB (will open in a new window)
434.37kB (will open in a new window)
177.18kB (will open in a new window)
1.13MB (will open in a new window)
Business Support Services:
- CDC | Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease – Recommended strategies for employers to use now.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation | Guidance for Employers to Plan and Respond to the Coronavirus – Strategies and tips to protect your workforce.
- Colorado Restaurant Association – Coronavirus (COVID-19) policies and protocols for the Colorado restaurant industry.
- Colorado Department of Labor | Colorado Health Emergency Leave with Pay (“Colorado HELP”) Rules – FAQs for the new rules of emergency unemployment pay enacted by the Governor.
- US Department of Labor | Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers – Information about laws related to compensation, office closure, and work from home.
- US Department of Labor | Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers – Information about FMLA eligibility and responsibilities.
- Adams County Workforce and Business Center – for assistance in filling vacant positions or job seeker services, you may also use their free job posting services at www.connectingcolorado.com.
- Adams County COVID-19 Response & Recovery
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – what you should know about the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19
Business Financial Resources:
- North Metro SBDC – North Metro Small Business Development Center can help you apply for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans and inform you of the local and regional resources such as grants and loans.
- U.S. Small Business Administration | Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease – Updated resources for small businesses, including the new Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program.
- Colorado Bankers Association
- Colorado Restaurant Association
- Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America | Insurance-related Resources – Disaster planning toolkit, losses of business income implications, worker compensation, and more.
- Economic Development Council of Colorado
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – Your business may be eligible for tax credits or reimbursements for expenses incurred during the pandemic.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – Deferral of employment tax deposits and payments.
- Colorado COVID Relief Fund – Through this fund, eligible community-based organizations across Colorado may receive a general operating grant of up to $25,000.
- Payroll Protection Program Increase Act of 2020
- Adams County Business Mini-Grants
Informational Webinars & Online Resources: