Thornton Emergency Business Grants, administered by the Thornton Economic Development Office, are available to help fund THORNTON LICENSED BUSINESSES WITH COMMERCIAL LOCATIONS affected by COVID-19.
Application submittal process:
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis. We are currently accepting applications; however, all applications are being placed on a wait list until new funding becomes available.
- All qualified applications will be considered for approval according to the Program Scoring Rubric (applications that do not meet the minimum requirements per the scoring rubric will be denied).
- If a business meets all Priority 1 Elements on the Scoring Rubric, their application will automatically be processed for payment.
- Applications can be submitted online (see link below), emailed to [email protected], or mailed to City of Thornton Economic Development Office, City Hall, 9500 Civic Center Drive, Thornton, CO 80229.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Economic Development Office and the Businesses of Thornton Advisory Commission every Friday. Cut off time for Friday reviews are Wednesdays at 12:00 Noon.
- Grant award amounts will be determined according to a priority scoring system (see Program Scoring Rubric for more details).
- The Economic Development Office will notify the applicant of grant approval or denial within 1 week from the time of review. If approved, notification of award amount and regulatory requirements will also be provided.
- Grant recipients can anticipate a check within 1 week of formal approval.
- While Emergency Business Grant funding for the COVID-19 crisis allows for a maximum of $10,000, not all businesses will receive the full $10,000, but rather a portion up to $10,000.
- If a business is denied funding, they may reapply after 30 days (if funding is still available).
Be sure to review ALL downloadable information prior to submitting your application.
459.01kB (will open in a new window)