Thornton Recovery Grant administered by the City of Thornton City Manager’s office, is available to help small businesses in our community. This program is meant to provide financial support for businesses that are continuing to feel the effects of the pandemic, and is available for a wide variety of eligible expenses, including capital programs, equipment, and one-time payroll expenses to help with hiring and retention.
- Be a commercial licensed business in Thornton.
- Have fewer than 3 locations in total.
- Have fewer than 125 employees among all locations.
- Have received less than $30,000 from BIG, STAR, the Start Up Grant, and other rounds of the Recovery Grant over the past 5 years.
- Provide up-to-date filings (business license, taxes, etc).
- Not presently suspended, debarred, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, voluntarily excluded from participation in this transaction by any federal agency, state agency, or any government entity.
- Not fall within any of the following categories: marijuana-related businesses, businesses that practice financial lending, multi-level marketing businesses, speculation-based businesses (gambling included), or businesses primarily engaged in political or lobbying activities.
- Be capable of administering grant funds in compliance with city funding guidelines by providing updates when requested and a final report.
- Be able to agree to the terms of, and sign off on, the City’s “Grant Agreement Template”.
Eligible projects must be:
- One-time capital projects (ongoing expenses such as staff salaries, regular supplies, fuel, insurance, etc. are not eligible)
- Requesting up to $30,000 maximum
Application deadline is Wednesday, September 20, 2023.
For assistance, please first read the Frequently Asked Questions.
If you prefer to download a printable PDF of the application, information and requirements, or FAQs, click the links below.
191.97kB (will open in a new window)
157.68kB (will open in a new window)
109.81kB (will open in a new window)
83.69kB (will open in a new window)