1. Go swimming. The Margaret W. Carpenter Recreation Center at 11151 Colorado Blvd. in Thornton has an indoor pool. There are daily drop-in rates, as well as individual annual passes for residents and non-residents.
2. Try some indoor training. Progresh is an indoor action sports training center focused on safe, fun learning. There are free open sessions several times per month! Visit the website to find out when the next session is.
3. Go on an indoor adventure. At Mid-Air Adventures you can chose from 12,000 square feet of giant swings, zip lines, a 20’ climbing wall, rope bridges, slides and a toddler area. Drop-in hours start at just $5 for a toddler or $17 for older kids with parents playing free on Friday Family Fun Nite.
4. Knock down some pins. AMF Sonesta Lanes at 8800 Grant St. in Thornton even the youngest children can bowl thanks to bowling bumper and ramps! Tuesday nights include $2.22 games and $2.22 food and drink specials and early bird bowling is only $1.59 per game on Sundays before noon.
5. Go play around. Denver Premium Outlets at 13801 Grant St in Thornton has a huge world-class playground available for free year-round.
6. Play disc golf. Got a day with nice weather? Grab a Frisbee™ and head to Springvale Park’s Disc Golf Course!
7. Go ice skating. Head to an open skate at the Ice Centre at the Promenade at 10710 Westminster Blvd.
8. Head to a nail salon. From French tips to the new dipping powder everyone is talking about, the Nail Center in Thornton will pamper your hands and make your nails sparkle!
9. Hang out at the library. Anythink Wright Farms at 5877 E. 120th Ave. in Thornton has plenty to do for kids of all ages. From Toddler Time and Drop-in Studio Sessions to sewing classes and crafts, kids, teen and adults of all ages will find something to fit their interests.
10. Try a laser maze. At Fat Cats Fun Center in Westminster, the Laser Maze starts at just $2 per person.
For more information contact:
Thornton Economic Development Office
303-538-7605 · [email protected]